Tuesday 23 July 2013

DIY: How To Make Bubble Paper/Art....

How To Make Bubble Paper/Art

Hand me a paintbrush and a piece of paper, and I’ll start to hyperventilate. It’s not the paper that does it. It’s the paintbrush. This means I’ll try just about anything to create original paper/art images using just about anything BUT a paintbrush. This latest experiment involved a bottle of bubbles and black ink. Check it out:
Here’s the complete list of what I used to make my bubble paper:
  • bubbles 
  • printer paper (although watercolor paper would be super cool too)
  • a sink
  • a small container to mix the ink and bubbles
Here’s what I did:
Mixed about 1 part ink to 4 parts bubbles in a small container. I wouldn’t get hung up on the ratio. I tried adding more bubble juice to see if I could alter the consistency of my bubbles. Didn’t see much difference.
Laid the paper in the bottom of a dry sink.
Started blowing bubbles over the paper. (Warnings! If you have long hair, pull it back BEFORE you start blowing. Also, change your top to something that you don’t mind getting inky, OR just go topless.)
Now, there’s not much control here. The bubbles will do what they will as evidenced by these four attempts, but….
Then something like this happens, and life is good.
I used one such bubble burst to make this card, centering the burst inside the cut area. I did iron the pages after they were dry, just to smooth them out, and I used spray adhesive to adhere the bubble paper to the card stock to flatten it completely.
I’m definitely going to do this again using different colored inks. Fun would be to try this on a large sheet of paper. Of course, I’d have to do it outside. And not topless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment